What Is Domo?
Domo is a third-party tool that Index Exchange (IX) is using as an interim reporting solution for our publishers. Domo is a business intelligence and data visualization software platform that provides an easier way for you to view and access your data. Domo does not use new data. Instead, Domo eliminates workarounds like CSV downloads from emails and manual manipulation to give you a simpler way to view your existing data. For a list of all data and performance metrics available in Domo, see the Index Data Dictionary.
Your data with Index Exchange is uploaded to Domo every three hours. Domo offers you many benefits, including the following:
Speed of Access – you can pull together reports and dashboards faster
Visualizations – you can access their own data visualizations via their own login
Exportable – you can download cards as a MS PowerPoint presentation that includes visualizations, or as a table that shows raw data
How Do I Get Started with Domo?
Your IX Representative will reach out to you to set up a meeting to familiarize publishers with Domo.
IX will gather your reporting feedback and build a Domo dashboard to meet your reporting needs.
We will send you your username and login credentials in an email.
In the same email, click the login URL to get started.
The first time you log in to Domo, depending on your implementation, you will see a screen similar to the following image:
Each page in Domo has multiples cards on it. Each card shows a business metric that has been preconfigured for you.
Click anywhere on a card to open a full screen version of the card. Most cards also allow you to hover over any data point to get more details.
For example, the following image shows the number of bids chosen.
When you view a card in In full screen, you can examine the card more closely and see each aspect of a chart in more detail. You can hover over the chart to see the revenue for each day.
Let's look at another chart – the Net Revenue by Ad Size chart shown in the following image:
In this example, you can see the exact dollar amount of net revenue for each ad size. If you hover over the a slice of of the chart.
Sometimes you might want to use filters to isolate a particular aspect of your data. For example, you might want to view data within a certain range of dates or view the data linked to one specific deal name.
You can apply filters to the entire page or to specific cards.
- To apply a filter:
- On the page: select > Turn on Page Filters.
- On a card: select
- To add a filter, click New Filter.
- Select a filter to add from the list. For example, say that you want to view only data from the beginning of 2018. You select day as the filter and your filter would look like the following image:
- Click Apply.
- The data visualizations on the page change to reflect the filters that you selected.
Chart or Table View
Although Domo's default reporting mechanism is through charts, you can choose to view your data in a table.
- Click to view data as a table.
- Click to view data as a chart.
Sometimes you might want to export a particular card to share with a colleague. For example, say that you want to email the Daily Requests Sent card to your team.
- To export any card, first click the card to open it in full screen.
- In the card, select and select Send/Export.
- Domo offers you choices for how you want to send the card.
- To email the card, select Email. Alternatively, you can choose to send the card via other common applications.